Tool mechanics mostly work in the mold technology department or in stamping and forming.
- You manufacture components from various materials such as plastic and metal using our machines and tools
- You create devices and operating materials for supporting and developing our manufacturing facilities
- You join components and assemblies to form tools, instruments, devices and molds for our manufacturing facilities
After receiving well-founded basic training in metal machining, you will acquire a range of skills such as:
- Manufacturing single components from various materials with tools and machines
- Programming and operating machines with numerical control systems
- Manufacturing devices and operating materials for setting up industrial manufacturing facilities
- Carrying out and using manufacturing process and quality assurance systems
The training lasts 3 ½ years.
The minimum educational requirement is a secondary general school certificate (qualifying secondary general school certificate in Bavaria).