Warehouse logistics specialists handle goods, store these goods appropriately and provide support with planning and organizational processes in logistics. Tasks include:
- Receiving and checking goods
- Warehousing, e.g. planning storage zones and equipment and documenting storage with special software
- Transporting goods, e.g. selecting conveying systems, lifting equipment or shelf access equipment depending on the type and quantity of goods, while considering accident prevention, environmental protection and costs
- Picking, e.g. preparing the flow of materials and information
- Packaging, e.g. calculating packaging costs
- Offloading goods, e.g. providing suitable conveying and loading equipment
- Sending goods, e.g. optimizing logistics processes
- Procuring goods, e.g. requesting quotations and comparing quotations
During your training, you will learn how to:
- Check the quality and quantity of goods, record input data and create error logs
- Select packaging for transport and filling material depending on the type of goods, transport type, environmental impact and cost effectiveness
- Plan the use of tools, supplies and conveying equipment while considering financial and environmental factors
- Scheduling of loading and transportation equipment
The training lasts 3 years.
The minimum educational requirement is a secondary general school certificate.